Thursday, May 5, 2011

Taekwondo

You are probably all bored of this subject, but I love it and have nothing else to blog about... Actually I do, but it's a serious topic and I need more time to write it. Anyways... for now I'm just going to blog about TKD (taekwondo). TKD is probably my favorite thing to do. There are many reasons why I love it. One of them is that it is not a team sport. Even though I do enjoy some team sports (lacrosse, basketball?) I like being able to work at my own pace, only competing against myself (and sometimes other people but they do not know about it). Doing TKD also helps me to release stress. Some nights I go into class really stressed out, or just not feeling good but by the end I always feel so much better. It almost gives me a peace and it also gives me joy. I am also on the demo team. This is small group of people who get to perform at different events and competitions. During these performances we do choreographed routines. In these routines, one of the things we do is break boards (another thing I like about TKD). We all do a certain thing either at the same time or in a row and it looks really cool. That was a short(ish) summary of why I love TKD. Pictures and videos to come..?

2 comments:

  1. why do you abreviate it... its the same number of sylables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Cause it's way easier than typing tae kwon do. Duh.

    ReplyDelete