Thursday, June 9, 2011

Last post of the year

This is my last D.J. post of the year and I know it's a little late, but I'm doing it anyway because I don't want to fail this class.

This post is about our class retreat. This year the sophomore class went on the "wilderness experience". At first, I wasn't to psyched about this. I hate the wilderness (mostly because of bugs). All the previous classes had said it was a fun trip, so I tried to keep an open mind. When we got there, the first thing my group did was the high ropes course. I hate heights so I didn't like the high ropes course at first, but when I did the ladder thing with Hannah I had so much fun! I felt so accomplished afterwards because at first I only did it because Hannah wanted to, but then it turned out that we were the fastest to beat it in our group.

After the ropes course we went scuba diving. This was a really great experience. It was fun breathing and swimming underwater, and a lot of other people enjoyed it too. After we ate lunch, we went to the actual wilderness. We did some "class bonding" games when we got there and then we ate dinner. Later, we had a campfire and then we went to bed.

The next day, we went kayaking and did some problem solving games with our groups. Both of these were really fun, but I especially enjoyed the kayaking. It was the perfect weather for it, and the water was surprisingly warm. After that we cleaned out our cabins, had lunch, and then it was time to go.

Usually I don't like class trips because I think the activities planned either aren't fun, or we just have too much going on and I feel like there isn't time to rest (and sometimes it's just that I don't want to spend time with the majority of the class). But this retreat I thoroughly enjoyed. All the activities were really fun (especially the ropes course and kayaking). I also bonded with some people I didn't expect to. I think the trip was well-planned and I hope the new sophomores next year enjoy it as much as I did. I also hope our next class retreat is as fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment